- What insurances do you accept?
We file most insurances however we are out-of-network. This means that your office visit would be subject to your deductible. Your out-of-office labs, prescriptions, and hospital services would be covered through your network benefits as we use in-network providers for those services. We also accept Medicaid and Medicare. We are happy to call your insurance company to verify your benefits and will explain how you can use them in our office.
- Why are you not in-network?
Most network insurance benefits do not cover the detailed information session that occurs during each visit. The counseling and education provided is a key part of the holistic approach to health.
- What is included in the visit fee? Your visit fee will include a detailed history and physical exam, in-office labs, and treatment plan. New patient visits are 60 to 90 minutes duration based on the complexity of your problems.
- What does holistic mean?
Here at Holistic Gynecology we address the “whole” person-body, mind and spirit. We blend natural and conventional treatment options to give the best outcome. We focus on the “root” causes of illness, and disease prevention.
- What natural treatment options do you typically recommend?
Diet and nutritional support specific for the condition, herbal and homeopathic supplements, acupuncture, and mind-body therapies such as yoga, massage therapy, meditation, hypnotherapy and exercise.
- How do you treat fibroids naturally?
Each fibroid condition is managed in a customized way using the above-mentioned options to address the specific needs of the patient. We do not manage all fibroid patients with the same treatment plan.